Sunday 26 July 2009

G.I. JOE: Rise of the Cobra (Trailer, Quiz, Games and more!)

I’m excited ^^ … The Hollywood version of G.I. Joe is going to be released in cinemas worldwide very soon! If you are a guy, you have probably heard of G.I. Joe or maybe even own a G.I Joe figurine like I used to. To the girls reading this, think macho version of your Barbie dolls heh.

When I was a kid, I used to buy G.I Joe figurines and play them with my neighbours and cousins, sometimes together with my ninja turtle and transformer toys. Too bad my mum either threw or gave away all my old toys, or else I would be able to take pictures of some of these plastic heroes. If you are much younger than me and maybe play Ben Ten or Avatar toys instead let me show you a wonderful commercial in the 1990s of some of the G.I Joe toys.

I miss those days …

There was also the G.I Joe cartoon which I liked and watched every week. I think I bought the G.I Joe animate movie VHS tape (do you know what this is? lol) too! Though I have forgotten much of the plot now, there are 3 things I remember: Yo Joe! Cobra la la la la la and my favourite character Snake Eyes. That is why I put him in the post header pic heh.

Got to get though, Yo Joe!! I love most of the old cartoons and I’m glad they are making their way to the big screen.

So what’s this new G.I Joe movie about …
Synopsis: Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster “TRANSFORMERS,” join forces with Spyglass Entertainment for another extraordinary action-adventure, “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.” From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” is directed by Stephen Sommers (“The Mummy,” “The Mummy Returns”).
Who are in it?
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Saïd Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid
Awesome Trailer that got me all excited again like a kid in Toys “R” Us


Are you as excited as me?!?! Let’s all get through this torturous wait by exploring these interesting stuff provided by Paramount at the G.I Joe official website.

Let’s try these out ….

1. The G.I. Joe Quiz

Try it!



After doing the quiz over and over again, I finally got full marks!



Go try the quiz, there are many interesting info about the upcoming movie and real life facts. Okay, I know it sounds creepy, but I actually tried to get all combination of scores to see if I can get Snake Eyes. Unfortunately, he wasn’t one of the results lol.


2. The G.I Joe mini games


Link to training game


There is also an iPhone/iPod Touch version!



iTunes link


I have tried both set of mini games and honestly speaking, the one I played on my browser is better. If you are really free like me, maybe you can try out the iPhone version after you are done with the first one. Its foc anyway.


3. Fan Kit




All the stuff you need to show off your love for the show!

Link to Fan Kit


4. Wallpapers


Here are 4 wallpapers you can get from the fan kit.









I'm using the Snake Eyes wallpaper for my desktop now!!

Sorry for the messy desktop =P My monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1080 but the wallpaper still looks good in the middle =)

Visit the official website (Gijoemovie.com) now for more info on the show!



G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra will be out in Cinemas (Singapore) August 6!



I think I’m going to buy the Snake Eyes G.I Joe action figure after watching the movie. Yooooooooo Joe!!! Cobra la la la la la la la ……….

(Images Taken From: G.I. Joe Official Site)