Friday 24 July 2009

After an unlucky day ... I am rich!

Last Saturday, my ex group members had a group project meeting over at my house because my sis is in the group. It was fun watching them discussing while I had nothing to do. I played a little bit of Left for Dead in my room to distract them ha ha. I also joined in the discussion for a bit but didn’t provide much … I was just messing around lah heh. Sorry guys!

After discussion, I wanted to go watch Own Time Own Target, a play about NS life but nobody wanted to go. =( So the 3 guys (including me) went for dinner at Century Square instead and supposed to fish at Bedok Jetty after that. Too bad it rained after we ate and another plan of the day is ruined. We changed the fishing trip to a bowling one instead, and went all the way to Safra Mount Faber to bowl as Wayne’s gang of friends wanted to bowl there. There was a long queue there, and while waiting I wasted $10!



While waiting for our turn, Shawn and I went on a UFO catcher spree. We kept trying our luck on these money sucking machines and changed our notes to coins several times. I think the cashier must be laughing at us. Catching those cute little plushies are hard enough without any distractions but it got more difficult when 2 small kids stood beside us and repeatedly chanted the words “Na Bu Dao” – translation: You can’t get it. With this unwelcomed distraction, we ended up with nothing after spending around 10 bucks each! Usually I will get something but Saturday wasn’t a good day for me. I think the boys are hired by the management!

The bad luck continues in the bowling alley where I got the lowest score for both games and had to treat the guys supper lol. I suck at bowling but occasionally will get okay scores due to luck ... not on Saturday though heh. We ended our outing with supper at Macau CafĂ© paid by yours truly, the unlucky guy for the day. I also got sick that day … fever and flu but not H1N1 I think. Don't worry, you won't get infected after reading this if I have H1N1. (wah super lame .. sorry)

Luckily for me, the theory of good and bad luck has once again showed its magic and I had a pretty good week after that. I got richer!! =)
How my bad luck turned into some extra cash …

1) The next day (Sunday), I won 4D!!



I was reading Ms Chor Lor’s blog when I came across this post: OMY interviews Mcchorlor on the SgBlogAwards. In that post, she gave out 3 lucky 4d numbers for her readers to buy. I really went to buy all numbers forwards and backwards and one of the numbers won me $60!! The number 4060 came out as a consolation prize on Sunday and I bought $1 big. =) My father who bought the numbers for me, went to buy $3 big himself, and he won $180! Thank you Ms Chor Lor!! Huat Ah!

2) I received my first Nuffnang cheque



The cheque is not for the ads, but for a contest I won recently. The contest is about taking photos of interesting locations in Singapore and explaining why you want an internet connection there. This is my blog entry for the contest – Interesting Places in Singapore I wish had Internet Connection. I won one of the consolation prizes, which is $50. Although I didn’t get the top 3 prizes which are really good, the top prize being a macbook and some cash, at least I won something heh. "No fish, prawn also okay" =P

To check out all the fabulous winning entries, go here. Some of the entries have videos! I didn’t know we could use that, but even if I knew I don’t think I would be able to make a better video then them heh ... Before this contest, I also won the Nike Mini contest. To see what I won click here. =) It has been around 6 months since I joined Nuffnang and I’m a happy Nuffnanger heh. So many intereting contests to join! For bloggers out there who are not under Nuffnang, you can join them at Nuffnang.com! Thank you Nuffnang, Alvin, Shawn and Wayne for this win.

3) I emptied my Golden Pillow and got quite a lot of money =)




Not to be confused with a certain channel 8 hit drama of the same name, the Golden Pillow I have is a “gold” piggy bank or should I say bun-ny bank which I got as a free gift when I ordered food delivery from Golden Pillow 933. This Golden Pillow which I have is actually made after one of the dishes they have. I have been inserting $1 coins into this pillow for around 4 months and decided that it was time to take out the rubber protection below and let it all out. This has been my routine for the past 2 years and the satisfaction of counting my golden coins is priceless. =)



The routine also includes adding additional gold coins from my father pot of gold he he. I will dig out every $1 coin from the “coin pot” in his room. He doesn’t know about this and I don’t think he cares too ha ha. The coins are for all to use anyway. =P



The combination of my coins and the reinforcements from The Pot of Gold and Silver resulted in quite a lot of $1 coins.



Total coins I gathered = 159 $1 coins = 159 x 1 = $159!!! Around 80% of them are from my Golden Pillow.

Look at those lovely coins stacked up in tens. =) The $1 are then packed in 20s and ready to be changed at the ma ma shop downstairs =) I put the leftover $1 coins back into my Golden Pillow and the process of saving $1 coins is repeated.



Hey! Why is there a frog there?

The cute frog container is actually ….


.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.



It is a new experiment I trying out currently in beta stage. Besides saving $1 coins, I’m trying to do the same thing for $2 notes and will use the SAKE SUSHI piggy/froggy bank to contain these notes. I only have $4 there at the moment lol, but will try harder inthe future. Maybe I will start saving $5 notes when I start work later this year lol. I love this cute looking froggy bank from Sakae Sushi which I got when I ordered food from them last year (I think).

Speaking of Sakae Sushi, I just ordered food from them this week.



I ordered a terriyaki chicken don and a chawanmushi and my sis ordered salad, soft shell crab temaki and shishamos. We didn’t have sushi but the place (my house) was a good place to eat and the food was very good too heh (refer to their slogan). We usually order bentos but once in a while we would order something else for some variety. They have quite a lot of food available for home delivery and yes, they even have pizzas heh. I have tried the teriyaki chicken pizza and it’s really good. =) Definitely more home delivery orders from Sake Sushi in the future.

Good food and extra income. A great week to make up for the unlucky Saturday I had heh. Total extra income this week = $60 + $50 + $159 = $269 …. not bad. I will try to spend the money wisely heh.

Life always has its ups and downs and now I’m even in terms of the luck department, what’s next? Lucky or unlucky?

I bought 4D for this Saturday and Sunday, will I strike again?

P.S: I have recovered from my fever and flu after days of panadols and 7 ups. =)

(Images Taken from: My iPhone, my digital camera, Singapore Pools)